Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Looking toward Convention..... Again.

Welcome Bloggers! I am packing for my fourth trip to the General Convention of The Episcopal Church. And you may be thinking that I should have better sense than to spend my summer doing this. Experience has shown that there will be moments in the next two weeks when I too will question my judgement as legislative days can be long and tedious. But the truth is that I enjoy being with the large gathered Church and hope to convey to you some of the energy and Spirit of convention through my photos and writings on things I've seen and heard.

Most days will include Holy Eucharist with 2,000 Episcopalians including some of the best music and preaching that we can muster. Of course I love being a part of the holy energy of such grand worship even though it is in a convention center.

And then there is the matter of serious work to do and difficult choices to make. I will be saying my prayers about all this and ask for you prayers for individuals you know at convention and for the wisdom of the gathered Church to be led by the Spirit of God.

Stay tuned for blogs and updates as I head to Indianapolis on Tuesday July 3. Anybody know a great Indy restaurant? I may have one night to go out to eat, but not many.

No comments:

Post a Comment